Delicious puff pastry zucchini cake with ham and cheese
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
The zucchini ham and cheese pie turns out very tender and the puff pastry makes the pie a hearty favorite. The courgettes are first pre-fried and then filled with ham and cheese in puff pastry. It can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Please review recipe:
- 2-3 courgettes
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 150 g hard cheese
- 200 g ham
- 500 g puff pastry, from the fridge
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp sesame
- baking paper
- cheese grater
- kitchen brush
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Cut the courgettes into thin slices.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the courgettes on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- In the oven 12-15 Bake until tender.
- Let the zucchini cool down.
- Grate the cheese coarsely.
- Cut the ham into thin slices.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Set the oven temperature to 180° Reduce C.
- Place the zucchini, cheese and ham on one half of the dough.
- Cover the filling with the other half.
- Pinch the edges of the dough.
- Form a neat cake.
- The egg yolks and Whisk the milk with a fork in a small bowl.
- Place the cake on the prepared baking sheet.
- Grush with the egg yolk mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake the zucchini cake for 25-30 minutes until golden.