Delicious pork stew with pumpkin, carrots and onions
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 80 minutes
Juicy and tender pork and fresh pumpkin are braised in the pan with onions, carrots and spices. This makes a perfect combination for a hearty lunch or dinner, especially in the cold season. This not only fills the stomach, but also warms the soul!
Please review recipe:
- 600-700 g pork neck
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- 1-2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350 ml water, or meat stock
- 500-600 g Pumpkin
- Black pepper, to taste
- Paprika powder, to taste
- Herbs, to taste
- Wash the pork, pat dry.
- Then cut into bite-sized pieces, salt and roll in flour.
- Peel the onions, quarter and cut into small pieces.
- Peel the carrot and grate on a coarse grater.
- Fry the vegetable oil in a frying pan on a medium-high Heat the heat.
- Add the carrots and onions and sauté for approx. 4-5 minutes.
- Add the pork and sear on all sides for approx. 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in water or broth so that the meat is almost completely covered .
- Bring the whole thing to a boil.
- Let simmer, covered, for about 30-35 minutes over medium heat.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Then add to the pan, stir and continue to simmer for about 15 minutes Leave until the meat and squash are tender.
- Cooking time depends on the size of the meat and squash.
- Approx. 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Chop the herbs finely and sprinkle over the meat stew before serving.
- cutting board
- frying pan