Delicious meringue cake with raspberry jam and coconut
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
The meringue cake consists of a thin cake base, aromatic raspberry jam layer and crunchy coconut meringue. The cake tastes heavenly delicious and is quick and easy to prepare.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 250 g butter, softened
- 160 g icing sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 350 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200 g raspberry jam
- 5 egg whites
- 210 g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g desiccated coconut
- kitchen scales
- mixing bowl
- kitchen spatula
- cake tin, rectangular
- cake platter
Prepare the cake base
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Line a 30cm x 24cm rectangular cake tin with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl with the mixer, beat the soft butter and sugar until creamy.
- Stir in the egg yolks and vanilla extract one after the other.
- Flour mix with baking powder and sift.
- Stir batches into the butter and egg yolk mixture.
- Knead the whole thing into a soft, slightly crumbly dough.
- Pour the dough into the prepared cake tin, form a 1.5 cm thick base.
- Pre-bake the cake base in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool down for about 10 minutes.
coconutprepare the meringue
- egg whites beat with the mixer until foamy.
- Slowly pour in the icing sugar while stirring.
- Beat at the highest level until the sugar has dissolved and the protein snow is glossy.
- Add the vanilla extract and coconut flakes and use a kitchen spatula carefuli Fold in g.
- Bake the cake
- Distribute the raspberry jam evenly over the cake base.
- Flat out with the spatula.
- Place the coconut meringue on top of the jam and smooth out.
- Make sure the jam is completely covered with the meringue.
- Bake the cake for another 30-35 minutes until the meringue turns golden.
- Remove the cake from the oven.
- Let cool in the pan for about 3-5 minutes.
- Then use the parchment paper to remove Remove from the tin.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place the meringue cake on a cake plate, cut into approx. 20-25 pieces.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
The meringue cake will keep fresh in a tight container for up to 1 week.