Delicious meatloaf with shortcrust pastry and cranberry sauce
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 270 minutes
The perfect trio of flavors: a crumbly dough, a juicy and tasty filling made from different types of meat and a tangy layer of berries. Delicious meatloaf with cranberry sauce will be appreciated by most people. Complicated and lengthy to prepare, this recipe is not necessarily recommended for inexperienced cooks. But those who dare will definitely be amazed by the result.
Please review recipe:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions
- 250 g bacon, smoked
- ½ bunch of sage
- 500 g turkey, roasted or boiled
- 250 g pork shoulder
- 250 g beef brisket
- 2 tbsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp grain mustard
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 nutmeg
- 820 g flour
- 300 ml water
- 300 g lard
- 1 large egg
- 3 leaves Gelatine
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1 orange
- 500g cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey, runny
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 5 buds clove
- 180 ml port wine
- 1-2 sprigs of sage
- 1 tsp butter
Prepare the filling
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Cut the bacon into medium-sized pieces.
- Chop the sage leaves.
- Both, too Place in pan, cook until onions are deep brown and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan, place in bowl and allow to cool.
- Crush all meat, add to same bowl.
- Mustard, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle with half a grated nutmeg, mix well.
Prepare the dough
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl.
- Pour the water into a saucepan, add the lard.
- Let it melt over a medium heat for about 10 minutes .
- Pour the boiling liquid into the flour, stir and allow to cool slightly so that the mass can be kneaded with your hands.
- Knead into an elastic dough.
- Remove about ¼ of the dough, wrap in cling film wic and set aside.
- Put the remaining dough in a 23 cm tin.
- Spread evenly over the bottom of the tin, dough should be about 1 cm thick.
- Put in the prepared filling.
- Roll out the reserved dough, flat Place the filling, pinching the edges.
- Carefully make a small hole about 1 cm in diameter in the middle of the top layer of dough.
- Put the cake in the oven preheated to 180°C and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reheat to 160° Reduce C, cook for another 2.5 hours.
- Remove cake from oven, brush with beaten egg.
- After that, bake for another 20 minutes so that it gets a nice golden crust.
Prepare broth for soaking.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Then drain, squeezing out the excess water.
- Bring the broth to a boil, remove from the heat and add the gelatin.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Put a funnel through the hole in the Insert the cake, slowly pour in the broth in portions.
Prepare the sauce
- Peel the zest from the orange.
- Squeeze the juice out of the fruit.
- Put the cranberries in a saucepan.
- Orange juice, orange zest, sugar, honey, cinnamon, Add the cloves and port.
- Simmer over low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove the cloves, cinnamon, and orange zest from the sauce.
- Add a little sugar if needed.
- Leave the sauce at room temperature for 40-45 minutes.
- Pour over the meatcake.
- Place the cake in the fridge for 10-12 hours.
- Fry the sage leaves in the oil to decorate the cake.
- Give them over the meatcake and serve immediately n.
To taste, pork shoulder and beef brisket can be turned through a meat grinder.
- cutting board
- frying pan
- cling film
- rolling pin
- baking dish
- citrus juicer