Delicious fish soup made from fish cakes with potatoes and carrots
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
Featuring tender, juicy red fish fillet meatballs and vegetables, this one is super quick and easy to make. It tastes incredibly delicious and is the right meal for the cold autumn and winter season.
Please review recipe:
- 3-4 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1600 ml water, or fish stock
- 400 g fish fillet
- 1 slice of white bread
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp flour
- Herbs, to taste
- Peel and wash the potatoes and onion.
- Dice the potatoes into small cubes.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Clean and wash the carrot and grate it coarsely.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions in it for about 4-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the carrots and sauté for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the water or fish stock into the saucepan.
- Boil for about 13-15 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in the saucepan and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the fish fillet in a blender or put it through a meat grinder.
- Soak the bread in milk.
- Put it through the meat grinder as well.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl.
- Add to the fish mixture.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Form the fish mixture into small meatballs.
- Dir in the flour and carefully add to the soup.
- Let the soup simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the herbs finely and add to the soup.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Let the soup steep for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the fish soup hot.
- Measuring cup
- Kitchen scales
- Cutting board
- Vegetable peeler
- Wooden spoon
- Blender or meat grinder