Delicious Christmas cookies with cinnamon stars and almonds
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 135 minutes
Soft and delicious, these are made from an almond dough with proteins. The cinnamon stars are so delicious and should not be missing during Advent.
Please review recipe:
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 300 g ground almonds
- 1 p. vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Take out about 5-6 tablespoons of the egg white, pour into a container and chill.
- Add the ground almonds, vanilla sugar and cinnamon to the remaining egg white.
- Mix everything together until you get a smooth dough.
- Put the dough in the fridge for 90 minutes.
- Sprinkle the work surface with a little powdered sugar and roll out the dough.
- Use a star cutter to cut out stars.
- If it gets too sticky, the cookie cutter can be dipped in icing sugar.
- Place the cinnamon stars on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Take the reserved egg white mixture out of the fridge and spread on the stars.
- Bake the cinnamon stars Christmas cookies for approx. 15 minutes at 170°C.
Depending on the thickness of the Christmas cookies, there will be around 30 cinnamon stars.
- hand mixer
- cookie cutter
- kitchen brush