Delicious banana cake with custard cream and whipped cream
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 520 minutes
With its thin, crunchy crust, sweet bananas, and cloud of whipped cream, this delicious dessert is a true American classic. Although a certain amount of experience and time is necessary for the preparation, the result is impressive. Everyone will love this one.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 7 votes )
- 300 g flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- ¹⁄₂ tsp salt
- 225 g butter
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ¹⁄₄ tsp salt
- 40 g cornstarch
- 250 g sugar
- 720 ml milk
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 bananas
- 500 ml cream
- 50 g powdered sugar
- Baking pan
- Cling film
- Tin foil
- Baking paper
Prepare the dough
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Sieve the flour, mix with the sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Grate the cold butter on a coarse grater.
- Grate the flour with the butter, add the cold water and mix everything together knead until smooth.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Then roll out thinly and round so that the diameter is 3 to 4 cm larger than the baking tin.
- Place the flatbread in the tin, press down on the bottom and sides, fold over and cut off the edges with a knife.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on the dough.
- Place a large piece of aluminum foil on top so that the baking paper is firmly attached the pan.
- Put the baking pan in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg and cream with a fork.
- Remove the pan from the oven, remove the aluminum foil and parchment paper.
- Cake with a Prick a fork in several places and whisk with the Brush the egg.
- Wrap the outside of the baking tin with aluminum foil.
- Put the cake back into the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C.
- Bake the cake for a further 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
Prepare the filling
- Whisk the eggs and yolks together with a whisk until smooth.
- Mix the salt with the starch and sugar.
- Add this mixture to the milk and mix well until smooth.
- Place on stovetop and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and cook another 6 minutes, until milk thickens.
- Add a quarter of the hot milk mixture Add to the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pour this egg mixture into the saucepan with the remaining milk and mix well.
- Cook the cream, stirring, for a further 2 minutes until it thickens.
- Then remove from the heat and place in a bowl.
- Butter and half of Va Mix in the nille extract.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and allow the cream to cool.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the bananas.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream over the cooled cake and place the bananas evenly on top.
- Remaining cream on top of the fruit and smooth with a spatula.
- Cover the cake with cling film and place in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours.
- Using a mixer, whip the cold cream with the icing sugar and vanilla extract until stiff.
- Pour the whipped cream over the cooled cake give.
- Banana cake with custard cream and serve with tea or coffee.