Delicious asparagus potato casserole with cheese
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 65 minutes
This Asparagus Potato Casserole is a delicious and easy dish that’s perfect for a leisurely dinner or brunch. The combination of juicy asparagus and tender potatoes in a creamy sauce is simply irresistible.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 1 kg green asparagus
- 500 g potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 200 g grated cheese
- cutting board
- casserole dish
- Wash the asparagus, cut off the ends and cut into small pieces.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes.
- Heat a large pan and fry the asparagus pieces in it for 5-7 minutes, until cooked.
- Another pan Heat and melt butter.
- Add flour and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Alternate layers of potato slices, chunks of asparagus and Pour in the sauce until all the ingredients are used.
- Bake the casserole in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are done and the surface is golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese on the asparagus potato casserole and cook for another 5 minutes in the oven baked.
You can also add half a cup of sour cream or crème fraîche for an even more delicious sauce. This gives the sauce a fine acidity and a fresher taste.