Delicate pumpkin pie with ricotta, cinnamon and biscuit base
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 375 minutes
Tender with cinnamon and nutmeg flavor tastes creamy and aromatic. A great recipe for all pumpkin lovers, especially in the fall season!
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 450-500g pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 200g butter biscuits
- 110g butter
- 400g ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Fizzing cream, optional, for garnish
- hand blender
- food processor
- casserole dish
- baking dish
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces, place in a saucepan, sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.
- Cover with water and cook for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Drain off the cooking water.
- Pure the pumpkin with a hand blender and let cool.
- In a food processor, chop the butter biscuits and mix with the melted butter.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and place the biscuit-butter mixture inside. Distribute evenly and press firmly.
- Bake the biscuit bases for approx. 12-15 minutes at 180 °C.
- Let them cool down.
- Whisk the ricotta first with the eggs and then with the icing sugar.
- With the pumpkin puree and then with the Mix in the starch.
- Spread the pumpkin and cheese mixture over the pre-baked biscuit base.
- Place the filled cake tin in a large casserole dish and fill it with hot water.
- Bake the pumpkin pie at 150 °C for approx. 50-60 minutes.
- Open the oven door and allow the cake to cool completely.
- Leave the finished pumpkin pie in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
- Drop the pumpkin pie with whipped cream and serve, if you like.