Delicate honey gingerbread cookies with cloves, cardamom and cinnamon
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 95 minutes
These honey with icing sugar glaze are very soft, tender and deliciously delicious. The high honey content makes them particularly juicy and fragrant. With the added spices, the fine aromas of cinnamon, cardamom and cloves are strongly underlined. The recipe is very simple and anyone can make it.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 200g honey
- 100g brown sugar
- 50g butter
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 450 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120 g icing sugar
- kitchen scales
- wooden spoon
- cutting board
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the honey, sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Place the bowl on a saucepan with boiling water.
- Put the whole thing under Heat for about 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the baking soda to the syrup, stir and heat for a further 2-3 minutes.
- As soon as the syrup is light and frothy, remove the bowl from the heat .
- Let the syrup cool to room temperature.
- Separate 1 egg.
- Set the egg whites aside in a bowl for the glaze.
- Add the yolk, 1 egg, spices and oil to the syrup and mix well.
- Sift the flour, mix with baking powder.
- Add to the honey-egg-sugar mixture.
- Knead the whole thing into a smooth, soft dough.
- Divide the dough into approx. 40-50 portions.
- From each Shape each portion into round gingerbread cookies with your hands.
- Put the gingerbread cookies in 3 portions on the baking tray.
- Bake each portion for 15-20 minutes .
- Meanwhile, use a whisk to mix the icing sugar with the egg white in a small bowl until smooth.
- Glitter the hot gingerbread with the glaze and leave to cool.
- Serve the honey gingerbread with coffee or tea.