Currant jam with gooseberries
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 25 minutes
This fruity, sour berry jam made from blackcurrants and gooseberries is super delicious. The currant jam can be used on breakfast bread or for crumble cake.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 100 g gooseberries
- 400 g blackcurrants
- 500 g preserving sugar, 1:1
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- Wash the gooseberries and currants well and remove the stalks.
- Put the berries in a saucepan and puree finely with a hand blender.
- Add the grated lemon zest and jam sugar.
- Bring everything to the boil and cook for about 5- Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Pour the berry jam into the prepared jam jars.
- Close the jars tightly and allow the jam to cool.
- mixing spoon
- jam jars