Cupcakes Cookie monster made of muffins with chocolate sprinkles and frosting
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
Cookie Monster Cupcakes are a real eye-catcher on every birthday. A quick and easy batter with chocolate sprinkles and cream cheese frosting. Decorated with blue sugar sprinkles and absolutely gorgeous with a cookie in your mouth!
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 2 eggs
- 70 g sugar
- vanilla paste, optional
- 50 ml oil
- 130 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 ml mineral water, or orangeade
- 2 tbsp chocolate sprinkles
- 100 ml Cream, cold
- 2 tsp San Apart
- 125 g cream cheese
- 1-2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 8 biscuits
- Blue sugar sprinkles
- Blue food coloring, optional
- hand mixer
- mixing bowl
- piping bag
Prepare the dough
- Mix the egg with the sugar and vanilla paste until creamy.
- Stir in the oil.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the flour mixture alternately with the mineral water.
- Work everything into an even dough.
- Stir in chocolate sprinkles if desired.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups.
- Divide the batter into 8 cups.
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for approx. 25 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool down.
- For the frosting: Whip up the cold cream.
- When whipping, stir in 1 tsp of San Apart.
- Mix the cream cheese with 1 tsp of San Apart and sifted powdered sugar.
- Fold the heavy cream under the cream cheese.
- The cream with blue if desired Colour.
- Chill the frosting cream for 20 minutes.
- Pour the cream into a piping bag.
- Pipe the frosting onto the prepared muffins.
- Sprinkle with blue sugar pearls or dip in the sugar sprinkles.
- Use a knife slit a small slit in the side of the cupcakes.
- Insert a small cookie into each slit.
- Place the eyes and you have cute Cookie Monsters!