Crunchy red cabbage salad with pears and orange dressing
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 15 minutes
This one with pears is refined with an aromatic orange dressing that gives the whole thing a fruity sweet and sour note. The coleslaw made from red cabbage tastes crispy, fresh and delicious and is a great accompaniment to meat.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1-2 oranges
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 200g red cabbage
- 1-2 pears
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 handful of hazelnuts, chopped to taste
- citrus press
- dressing shaker
- vegetable slicer
- Squeeze the oranges with the citrus juicer.
- Approx. 100-120 ml of orange juice is needed for the dressing.
- Mix the orange juice with balsamic vinegar, honey and olive oil in a dressing shaker.
- Shave the red cabbage into fine julienne strips.
- Wash the pears, core them and slice thinly with a mandolin .
- Put the cabbage in a bowl.
- Pour the orange dressing over it.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the coleslaw with hazelnuts before serving.
Instead of a vegetable slicer, the pears can also be cut into fine strips.