Crunchy homemade ciabatta bread with an airy dough
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 675 minutes
You should have enough patience for this wonderful Italian with its thin crust and airy dough. But the result is definitely worth it! Bruschettas and sandwiches are perfect with it and taste delicious. Despite the long preparation time, this recipe is quite simple.
Please review recipe:
- 150 ml water
- 150 g flour
- 1 pinch dry yeast
- 350 g flour + extra for sprinkling
- 215 ml water
- ¼ tsp dry yeast
- ½ tsp salt
Prepare the sourdough
- In a bowl, mix the flour and a pinch of yeast in the warm water.
- Cover the mixture with cling film and leave at room temperature overnight.
Prepare the main dough
- Add the flour, warm water, yeast and salt to the sourdough .
- Knead the whole thing into a soft and slightly sticky dough.
- Place in a clean bowl, cover with a towel and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1½ hours.
- Then sprinkle the dough with the flour and without it knead, fold twice in the middle.
- Divide the dough into two portions and shape into rectangular flatbreads.
- Line baking tins with baking paper.
- Put the dough into the tins, cover with a towel and leave to stand in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Bake the ciabattas in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve the homemade ciabatta bread warm with a spread or with other dishes.
When proving the dough, you should make sure that the room is free of drafts. The bowl can be wonderful, for example, next to the heater or in a warm, switched-off oven.
- cling film
- baking pans