Crunchy choux pastry churros with sugar and cinnamon
Portions: 5 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
Churros are a classic Spanish pastry that not only impresses with its looks but also with its minimal ingredients. Made from a choux pastry and deep fried into deliciously crunchy sticks, this sweet pastry is quick and easy to make!
Please review recipe:
Ø 4.8 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 100 ml water
- 80 g butter
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 120 g wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil, for frying
- sugar, for the breading
- cinnamon, for the breading
- wooden spoon
- piping bag
- deep pan
- kitchen paper
- Pour the water into a saucepan.
- Add the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Melt over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the flour.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix to form a choux pastry .
- The choux pastry for the churros is ready when it forms a lump on the bottom of the pan.
- Let the dough cool down.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the dough and knead until the egg is well combined with the dough.
- A bit Mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan.
- Put the dough in a piping bag and cut off the end of the bag.
- Put the dough into the pan in approx. 5-10 cm long strips.
- The churros Fry in the hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove the churros with a ladle and drain briefly on kitchen paper.
- Roll the churros in the sugar batter with cinnamon and let them cool down a bit.
- Enjoy the crispy churros warm.
The churros taste best with chocolate sauce.