Crumble cake with black currants
The crumble cake tastes juicy due to the blackcurrants and the addition of orange juice gives the cake a special fruity taste. The berries can be varied as you like – this is how a wide variety of variations are created from one recipe!
Rating: Ø 5 ( 6 votes )
- 400-450g flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 125ml orange juice
- 160-200g sugar
- 150ml vegetable oil, + some for greasing
- 250-300g blackcurrants
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- Add the salt and baking powder and mix.
- Put the orange juice, 100 g sugar and vegetable oil in another bowl and mix.
- Then add the flour mixture in batches and knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Remove about ⅓ of the dough, wrap in cling film and place in the freezer for about 30-40 minutes.
- Wrap the rest of the dough in cling film as well and place in the fridge.
- Rinse and drain the blackcurrants.
- Add the cornstarch and the remaining sugar and mix.
- Grease the cake pan with vegetable oil.
- Remove the batter from the fridge.
- Pour into the pan and spread evenly; pull up the edges a bit.
- Distribute the berry filling evenly over the dough.
- Take the rest of the dough out of the freezer and grate directly onto the berry filling.
- Then bake the crumble cake in the oven at 180° C for approx. 35- Bake for 40 minutes.
- cling film
- cake pan