Crispy Spitzbuben with apricot jam and powdered sugar
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 107 minutes
The crispy made from soft shortcrust pastry and filled with fruity apricot jam are a Christmas classic. These cookies with jam are a popular treat on the Christmas cookie plate – hardly baked, they’re gone.
Please review recipe:
- 350 g flour
- 250 g butter
- 120 g sugar
- 1 p. Vanilla sugar
- 1 egg white
- 160 g apricot jam
- 20 g powdered sugar, for serving
- Hand mixer
- Rolling pin
- Rogue cutters
- Stir the butter in a bowl with the mixer until soft.
- Add the sugar, vanilla sugar and salt.
- Stir everything until light.
- Add the egg white and flour and knead the whole thing into a dough.
- The dough Cover with cling film and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out in portions to a thickness of approx. 3 mm and cut out the Spitzbuben biscuits.
- Cut out the middle of half of the biscuits with a smaller mold.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- The biscuits Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 7-10 minutes.
- Heat the jam slightly and stir until smooth.
- Spread a teaspoon of jam over the bottom of the biscuits.
- The lids of the biscuits with a hole Sprinkle with icing sugar and then place on the bases.
- The Spitzbuben cookies can be stored perfectly in a cookie jar.