Crispy pita with natural yoghurt and olive oil Greek style
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 120 minutes
Homemade ones with a golden crust are quite easy to cook in an ordinary pan. Crunchy, fragrant and delicious, they taste almost the same as in Greece. These can be used wonderfully for sandwiches or other dishes. But they will also taste just as good with a favorite sauce of your choice.
Please review recipe:
- 250 g flour
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 ml water
- 90 g plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sieve the flour and mix in a bowl with the yeast, sugar and salt.
- Add the warm water, yoghurt and oil.
- Knead into a soft and smooth dough.
- Roll into a ball and place in a bowl.
- Cover with cling film and let rise in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, knead and divide into 8 equal portions.
- Roll each piece into a ball.
- Cover the dough balls with a towel and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Then roll out each ball into a flatbread with a diameter of 10-12 cm.
- Heat a dry pan.
- Fry each flatbread in it on both sides over a low heat.
- Finished pita Serve with your favorite sauce or with a salad.
- rolling pin
- frying pan