Crispy meat casserole with aubergines, carrots and tomatoes
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 140 minutes
Delicious with eggplant, carrots, celery and tomatoes, not only does it taste insanely good, but it’s also very filling. The crispy crust of melted cheese gives the meat the necessary seasoning and makes the dish even more appetizing.
Please review recipe:
- 800 g beef
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 stick celery
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5-6 tomatoes
- 4-5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 250 ml red wine, dry
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 600ml water
- 2 aubergines
- 100-150g cheese
- Cut the meat into 4-5 cm pieces.
- Chop the carrots, onion and celery into large pieces.
- Push the garlic through a press or chop with a knife.
- The tomatoes for a few seconds add to the boiling water.
- Then rinse in cold water and peel off the skin.
- Cut the tomatoes into medium-sized cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the beef for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove, Set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- Fry the carrots, celery and onion in the oil for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for a minute.
- Return the beef to the pan.
- Add the tomato paste, tomatoes, wine, 1 teaspoon of salt, sugar, oregano and water.
- Mix everything well and transfer to a casserole dish.
- If the pan is suitable for the oven, a casserole dish is not necessary.
- With a Cover or cover with aluminum foil.
- In the preheated oven Bake at 180°C for approx. 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and bake the casserole for a further 15-20 minutes until the meat is soft.
- Cut the aubergines into centimetre-thick slices.
- Cut the slices in portions from both sides Fry in a pan with the remaining oil and lightly salt.
- Put the vegetables on the meat in the casserole dish.
- Bake the casserole in the oven for another 20-25 minutes.
- The meat casserole about 10 minutes before the end of baking with coarsely grated Sprinkle cheese.
- garlic press