Crispy lentil falafel with garlic and chives
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 180 minutes
These crispy lentil falafels with lots of spices and herbs taste best with a yoghurt sauce and fresh vegetables. Hearty in taste and at the same time very filling, the preparation is always worthwhile.
Please review recipe:
- 420 g lentils, green
- 1 bunch of chives
- ½ bunch of coriander
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- ½ hot pepper
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp allspice, ground
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- vegetable oil, approx. 500 ml for frying
- Put the lentils in a bowl, rinse and soak in cold water for 6-8 hours.
- Then rinse in a sieve and pat dry.
- Peel the garlic and deseed the peppers.
- Finely chop the herbs, garlic and peppers.
- Whisk the egg with a fork.
- Mix the lentils, egg, herbs, garlic, pepperoni, all the spices, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Put everything in a blender and process until smooth.
- After that Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Form small falafels out of the lentil mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep frying pan or saucepan.
- Fry the falafel in small batches for approx. 5-6 minutes until golden
- Drain the falafel on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Serve the falafel with a yoghurt sauce.
The falafel don’t necessarily have to be fried. They can also be baked in a preheated oven at 200 °C for 25-30 minutes.
- cutting board
- frying pan
- stand mixer