Crispy breaded onion rings with eggs and mozzarella
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
Crispy breadcrumbs are a great snack that your guests will love. The onions are very tender on the outside and coated in a crunchy breading on the outside, super easy to make with a minimal amount of ingredients.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 2 onions, red
- 2 eggs
- 1 roll of mozzarella
- 100 g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g vegetable oil
- Cut the onions into rings 6 mm thick.
- Rinse the rings in a sieve with boiling water.
- Whisk the eggs and salt.
- Prepare the breadcrumbs and flour separately in small bowls.
- Cut the mozzarella into narrow strips.
- Take the onion rings apart, put two rings together.
- Put strips of mozzarella between a large and a small ring.
- Roll the onion rings in the flour, dip into the egg mixture and coat with the breading.
- In the hot oil, place the onion rings on both sides Fry or fry in a deep fryer.
- Serve breaded onion rings with salsa sauce or yoghurt dip.