Crispy apple strudel made from puff pastry with persimmons and walnuts
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
The insanely delicious with a fruity filling of apples, persimmons, raisins and nuts is a classic of Austrian cuisine and is baked in this recipe from ready-made puff pastry. The filling is fruity, juicy and very aromatic. The preparation is very simple and can even be done by beginners.
Please review recipe:
Ø 4.5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 apple
- 2 persimmons
- ½ lemon
- 60 g walnuts
- 50 g raisins
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 250 g puff pastry, ready
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- kitchen scale
- cutting board
- pasting brush
- Preheat the oven to 190°C top/bottom heat.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- For the filling: peel and core the apple and cut into fine cubes.
- Peel and dice the persimmon as well.
- Rinse the lemon with hot water and use a fine grater to grate the skin from one half.
- Chop the nuts roughly.
- Put the preparatory ingredients in a bowl, mix with the raisins, lemon zest, flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Put the puff pastry out on a floured work surface into one Roll out into a thin rectangle.
- Put the filling on one half, leaving a border of about 2-3 cm on the long sides.
- Whisk 1 egg in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Grush the edges of the dough with it.
- The second half of the dough Fold over the filling and press on the sides.
- Grush the strudel with the remaining egg.
- Place on the baking tray and place in the oven on the middle shelf.
- Bake the apple strudel for about 35-45 minutes until golden and crispy.
- The finished apple strudel e Either serve warm with vanilla sauce, if you like, or allow to cool and dust with icing sugar.