Creepy Halloween cake with chocolate and meringue ghosts
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 180 minutes
Scary chocolate Halloween cake creates the right atmosphere on Halloween evening. Juicy chocolate bases harmonize with the delicious chocolate cream. The meringue spirits set the scene perfectly.
Please review recipe:
- 2 egg whites
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 180 g flour
- 120 g sugar
- 1 p. Vanilla sugar
- 40 g baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 ml milk
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 150 g dark chocolate, 70%
- 220 g butter, soft
- 150 g Icing sugar
- 1 tsp chocolate, liquid, for decoration
- Beat the egg whites with the lemon juice and sugar until stiff.
- Put the meringue mixture in a piping bag.
- Place the meringue ghosts in heaps on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Base the meringue ghosts in a preheated oven at 100 degrees Dry top and bottom heat for approx. 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C circulating air.
- Grease a 20 cm baking tin with a little oil.
- Flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, baking cocoa and baking powder in Mix in a bowl.
- Add the milk, oil and lemon juice.
- Mix everything with the hand mixer to form a smooth dough.
- Pour the dough into the prepared springform pan.
- Bake the chocolate cake in the preheated oven for approx. 30-40 minutes .
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down completely.
- Use a cake divider to cut the chocolate cake into 3 layers.
Chocolate cream and topping
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath and let it cool down a bit.
- Froth the butter.
- Sugar to the but ter and mix well.
- Add the chocolate.
- Grip the bottom cake layer with the chocolate cream.
- Place the second layer on top and spread the cream again.
- Finish with the third layer and spread the remaining cream evenly over it .
- Decorate the chocolate cake with candy eyes.
- Using melted chocolate and a small brush or toothpick, paint the faces of the meringue ghosts.
- Finally place the meringue ghosts on top of the chocolate cream and the Halloween cake is ready to serve.
The meringue ghosts are also great to bake ahead of time.
- piping bag
- baking tray
- baking paper
- 20 cm springform pan
- hand mixer
- cake divider
- kitchen spatula