Creamy rhubarb cheesecake with quark and custard powder
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 140 minutes
The rhubarb cheesecake with quark is a creamy and refreshing summer cake. The fruity rhubarb and the fresh quark filling, which are hidden in a shortcrust pastry, ensure pure enjoyment. Rhubarb cheesecake takes a little effort, but it tastes super delicious.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- 75 g butter, softened
- 70 g sugar
- 1 p. Vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 200 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 500 g rhubarb
- 200 ml water
- 180 g sugar
- 750 g quark
- 130 g sugar
- 2 p. Custard powder
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ lemon
- 500 ml milk
- 250 ml sunflower oil
- hand mixer
- springform pan
- parchment paper
- mixing spoon
- citrus grater
Prepare the dough
- Using a hand mixer, stir the soft butter and sugar until creamy.
- Stir in the salt, vanilla sugar and egg.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and add to the butter mixture.
- Process everything into a smooth dough.
- One Line the springform pan with baking paper or grease it with butter.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the pan.
- Prick the dough several times with a fork.
- Pre-bake the base of the dough in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for approx. 15 minutes.
- Den Let the base cool down and line the edge of the springform pan with the remaining dough.
- Wash the rhubarb and cut into small pieces.
- Mix a syrup of water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook the pieces of rhubarb for 5 minutes.
- Remove the rhubarb with a slotted spoon.
- Drain and spread on the prepared pastry base.
- Grate the lemon zest from ½ a lemon.
- Insert the quark with the sugar, vanilla pudding powder, egg yolks and lemon zest Mix with a hand mixer.
- Gradually stir in the milk and the cooking oil.
- Pour the quark mixture over the rhubarb in the baking tin.
- Flatly spread and bake for approx. 50-60 minutes at 180 degrees.
Let the cheesecake with rhubarb cool and serve with whipped cream. The cheesecake can also be baked with a meringue topping.