Creamy onion soup with potatoes, croutons and cream
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
The creamy one with potatoes and cream is incredibly tender and tasty. Refined with sherry and thyme, the soup gets a piquant taste and a wonderful aroma. The onions are first fried with the garlic and then boiled with potatoes. Thus, the preparation is quite simple, so that the starter can be conjured up very quickly.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 500-600 g onions
- 350 g potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- 800-1000 ml
- chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 100 ml cream
- salt, after Flavor
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Herbs, to taste, optional
- Croutons, to taste, optional
- cutting board
- heavy-bottomed saucepan
- hand blender
- Peel the vegetables.
- Cut the onions into quarter rings, chop the potatoes into small pieces.
- Press the garlic and chop the thyme.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until golden brown, stirring constantly .
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the potatoes and fill up with the broth.
- Let the whole thing cook for about 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the soup from the heat, allow to cool slightly and add Blend using an immersion blender.
- Add heavy cream, salt, pepper, thyme and sherry.
- Return to heat and simmer for a further 7-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the finished onion soup with croutons and herbs before serving.
Depending on how thick you want the onion soup to be, add a little more or less broth.