Creamy chocolate cake with raspberries and ganache
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 500 minutes
The chocolate cake consists of three soft layers of dough filled with delicious chocolate cream, aromatic raspberry filling and delicate ganache.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp water
- 250 g raspberries
- 230 g flour
- 400 g sugar
- 80 g cocoa powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 240ml Milk
- 120ml Vegetable Oil
- 1¹⁄₂ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 240ml Water
Chocolate Cream Filling
- 340g Chocolate, Dark Chocolate
- 340g Butter
- 35g Cocoa Powder
- 700g Icing sugar
- ¹⁄₂ tsp salt
- 180 ml cream
- 250 g chocolate, dark chocolate
- 180 ml cream
- hand mixer
- bain-marie bowl
- food processor
- springform pan
- cake ring
- dough scraper
- Caramelize the sugar, starch and some water in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Set aside some of the raspberries for topping.
- Add the remaining raspberries to the caramelized sugar and heat while stirring until the berries soften and release juice.
- As soon as the mixture thickens, take the pot off the stove.
- Pour the raspberry mixture into a bowl and leave to cool in the fridge.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl with a whisk.
- Mix the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs in a separate mixing bowl with a hand mixer.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix to form an even batter.
- Pour in the hot water carefully and mix well.
- Divide the batter into three parts divide.
- Grease a springform pan with a diameter of 20 cm with oil and cover the bottom with a round sheet of baking paper.
- Put in the dough and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 22 -Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the cake rest for 2-3 minutes and remove from the tin.
- Bake the other two pastry bases as well and allow to cool completely.
Chocolate cream filling
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heat-resistant water bath bowl .
- Place the bowl over a double boiler and melt the chocolate.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the softened butter until creamy.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Stir in the cocoa powder.
- Half the powdered sugar, salt and the Add half of the cream.
- Beat well again.
- Add the rest of the powdered sugar and the cream and mix well.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and pour in the warm cream.
- Stir the ganache after 2-3 minutes and allow to dissolve completely.
Assemble the cake
- Place the bottom cake base on a cake plate and rim it with a cake ring.
- Pour the cream into a piping bag and line the edge of the bottom cake base Spread.
- Fill the inside of the cake base with ¹⁄₄ ganache and spread half of the raspberry filling on top.
- Place the second cake base on top and repeat all layers of the filling.
- Cover with the last cake base and spread the cream evenly on top.
- Leave some cream for the edges of the cake.
- Place the cake in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Grip the edges of the cake with the cream, use a spatula to smooth the edges and leave the chocolate cake for more Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove the cake ring from the chocolate cake and spread the ganache over the cake from the top so that it flows easily.
- Garnish the cake with raspberries and refrigerate until ready to serve.
The cake tastes just as delicious with other berries such as strawberries or blackberries. The chocolate cream can also be prepared with whole milk chocolate.