Creamy cheese soup with vegetables, smoked meat and melted cheese
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
This easy one with creamy broth, veggies and ribs is very thick, hearty and flavorful. The addition of smoked meat makes this soup particularly aromatic. The vegetables are first fried and then cooked with potatoes and ribs. The soup is so filling that it is very suitable as a stand-alone meal.
Please review recipe:
- 3-4 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350 g ribs, smoked
- 1500 ml water
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 slices of processed cheese
- dill, to taste
- Peel the vegetables.
- Cut the potatoes into medium-sized pieces and the onion into small pieces.
- Grate the carrots on a medium-sized grater.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan.
- Fry the onions in it for 2-3 minutes.
- Carrots and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Roughly chop the ribs and add to the pot along with the potatoes.
- Pour in hot water, add salt, pepper and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes. until the potatoes are tender.
- Cut the cheese into pieces and add to the saucepan.
- Cook the soup for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop the dill finely and sprinkle into the cheese soup.
The ribs in the cheese soup can be substituted with smoked chicken as well.
- cutting board