Creamy cheese soup with baked potatoes, garlic and melted cheese
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
This one with baked potatoes is a delicious appetizer that can be served for both lunch and dinner. First potatoes are baked in the oven and then mashed and added to the soup. This makes this soup very filling, thick and tender in taste.
Please review recipe:
- 1800 g potato
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic clove
- 30 g flour
- 600-700 ml
- vegetable stock , or water
- 200 g processed cheese
- Croutons, to taste
- Herbs, to taste
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and rub with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place on a baking tray lined with foil and bake at 220 °C for approx. 40-50 minutes.
- Let the potatoes cool, peel and mash into mashed potatoes.
- Peel the onion, chop finely and sauté in a saucepan with butter.
- Put the garlic through a press, add the onion and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir.
- Pour the broth or water into the saucepan.
- Add the processed cheese and simmer over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the soup, stir, season with salt and pepper.
- Then remove from the heat after a minute.
- Sprinkle the croutons and herbs over the cheese soup and immediately serve.
Depending on the size of the potatoes, the preparation time should be adjusted. You can add more or less liquid to change the consistency of the cheese soup as desired.
- baking sheet
- potato masher
- cutting board
- garlic press