Creamy carrot soup with ginger and coconut milk
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
There is a creamy carrot soup suitable for Easter. The recipe is simple, healthy and delicious. Coconut milk gives this soup its unique fruity creaminess. The carrot soup gets that certain something from the aroma of ginger.
Please review recipe:
- 750 g carrots
- 2 onions
- ginger, to taste
- 500 ml vegetable stock, or spice paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 150 ml coconut milk, alternatively orange juice
- Herbs, to taste
- Crème fraîche, or sour cream, to taste
- Peel the carrots and cut into slices.
- Peel the onions and dice finely.
- Peel the ginger.
- Sauté the onions in a little oil in the pan until translucent.
- Add the carrots and grate in the ginger.
- Steam everything and add the vegetable stock deglaze.
- Boil the carrot soup, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes over low heat.
- Pure the soup and top off with coconut milk or orange juice, if you like.
- Season the carrot soup with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, add the cream Serve fraîche and herbs.
- cutting board
- hand blender