Cream soup with salmon, potatoes and garlic
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
Smoked fish and fresh thyme give the soup a delicious aroma. Cream cheese makes the appetizer very tender and creamy. Creamy soup with potatoes and garlic is flavorful, tasty and filling. The preparation is simple and uncomplicated, it is definitely worth trying this recipe.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3-4 potatoes
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¾ tsp pepper mix
- ¼ tsp paprika
- salt, to taste
- 1400 ml water
- 450 g salmon fillets
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 240 ml condensed milk, 10%
- 70 g cream cheese
- cutting board
- Peel the vegetables.
- Dice the onion and garlic into small cubes.
- Chop the potatoes into medium-sized pieces.
- Pluck the thyme leaves from the sprigs.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a saucepan.
- Onion and garlic over a low heat Sauté for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Add potatoes, thyme, spices and salt.
- Cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in water, bring to a boil.
- Soup 7-10 Simmer for minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Chop the fish into large cubes and add to the saucepan.
- Cook the soup for a further 3-5 minutes.
- If desired, set aside some of the salmon to use in the soup later to serve.
- Round off with condensed milk and cream cheese and mix well.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Pure the soup with a hand blender to the desired consistency and serve immediately.