Classic Sazerak cocktail with whisky, bitter and absinthe
Portions: 1 persons | Preparation: 2 minutes
A classic alcoholic beverage based on whiskey or cognac. Sazerak consists of a spirit, sugar, water and a bitter.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 7 votes )
- 10 ml Absinthe
- 3-5 ice cubes
- 1 sugar cube
- 2-3 dashes of Peychaud´s Bitter, or Angostura Bitter
- 50 ml Rye Whiskey, or Cognac
- 1 strip of lemon zest
- Pour the sugar into a whiskey glass.
- Pour in Peychaud’s bitters.
- Soak the sugar with the bitters and crush.
- Pour in the whiskey and absinthe and swirl gently.
- Pour the absinthe into a glass and add ice cubes
- Garnish the Sazerak Cocktail with a strip of lemon zest.
- whiskey glass