Classic pea soup with mushrooms, celery and cheese
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 270 minutes
Mushrooms, onions, celery, garlic, thyme and parmesan give it an incredibly delicious taste. The pea soup is hearty and delicious and has a velvety consistency thanks to the peas and the pleasant aroma of the roasted mushrooms.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 360 g peas
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 sticks celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3-4 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- ¹⁄₂ tsp thyme, dried
- 2 200 ml water
- salt, to taste
- 450 g mushrooms
- 50-60 g parmesan
- ¹⁄₄ tsp pepper
- cutting board
- mixing spoon
- Soak the peas for a few hours, then drain in the colander.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the coarsely grated carrots, chopped onion, celery, and garlic for 5 minutes. Stir constantly.
- In the same saucepan, add the peas, chopped parsley, bay leaf, and thyme. Fill the pot with water.
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Let cook, covered, over low heat for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Season with salt and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- The mushrooms Cut into small pieces and brown in a pan with the remaining oil for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add the mushrooms to the soup and bring to the boil.
- Remove the pea soup from the heat and season with grated parmesan and pepper.