Classic falafel made from chickpeas with herbs and garlic
Chickpea Falafel with Herbs and Spices can be wrapped in flatbread with your favorite sauce and veggies or added to a salad. Although a certain amount of time is necessary for these crispy chickpea balls, the result is definitely something to be proud of.
- 400g chickpeas
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 bunch parsley
- ¾ bunch coriander
- ½ bunch dill
- 1 onion
- 7-8 cloves garlic
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- vegetable oil, about 500ml for frying
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl and pour cold water over them.
- Add baking soda, cover with cling film or a lid.
- Then place the chickpeas in the fridge for 12-20 hours.
- Once the chickpeas are soft, drain the water and dry the chickpeas.
- Finely chop all the herbs.
- Peel the onion and garlic and chop roughly.
- Mix the chickpeas with the herbs, onions, garlic, salt and spices.
- Mix the whole thing together with a hand blender process into a smooth mass.
- Then place in a bowl and cover with cling film or a lid.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Add the baking powder and sesame seeds to the cooled mixture.
- Stir well and add small falafel shape it.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan or saucepan.
- fry the falafel in it for 3-5 minutes until brown.
Classic falafel made from chickpeas tastes great with a salad.
- cutting board
- frying pan