Christmas cookies with almonds and sugar sprinkles made from shortcrust pastry
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 57 minutes
Crispy ones made from crumbly dough with ground almonds and colorful crumbles taste super delicious. The lemon zest in the icing provides a great flavor.
Please review recipe:
Ø 4.3 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 300 g flour
- 2 pinches baking powder
- 150 g sugar
- 300 g almonds, ground
- 300 g butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 200 g powdered sugar, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons water, to taste As you like
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Sugar sprinkles, as you like
- Smarties, as you like
- hand mixer with dough hook
- cling film
- rolling pin
- cookie cutters
- kitchen brush
- Mix the butter into pieces, add the sugar and egg and continue to mix.
- Stir in the baking powder, flour and ground almonds and add to the butter mixture.
- Stir everything together to a sandy consistency.
- Form the dough into a round ball.
- Place in the fridge for an hour, wrapped in cling film.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface.
- Use Christmas shapes to cut out the entire mass.
- Place the cookies on a with Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for approx. 12 minutes.
- Let the Christmas cookies cool down.
- Glitter the cookies with icing made from powdered sugar, water and lemon zest.
- Then decorate the Christmas cookies with sugar sprinkles.
For a colorful icing, simply stir in any food coloring and decorate the cookies with colour. To keep the Christmas cookies crisp and fresh, they should be stored airtight!