Chocolate Linzer cake with cherry jam and almonds
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
This chocolaty is particularly quick and tastes great. The cherry jam provides the fruity taste in the cake while the baking cocoa gives it the dark color and chocolate aroma.
Please review recipe:
- 200 g flour
- 340 g ground almonds
- 120 g sugar
- 1 pinch cloves
- 2 tbsp baking cocoa
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 220 g butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 g cherry jam
- 1- 2 tbsp almonds, chopped
- Hand mixer with dough hook
- Dough roller
- Springform pan
- Dough wheel
- Pasting brush
- Mix the flour, ground almonds, sugar, cloves, baking cocoa and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the butter in pieces.
- Mix in the 2 egg yolks.
- Knead everything into a dough.
- 2/3 of the dough approx Roll out to a cm thickness.
- Line the bottom of a baking tin with it.
- Fill with cherry jam.
- Roll out the remaining dough and cut narrow strips with a pastry wheel.
- Place these directly on the jam layer in a lattice shape.
- From the rest of the Roll the dough into a long strand.
- Arrange this on the edge of the cake.
- Whisk the third egg yolk and brush it over the edge of the cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake the Linzer Torte at 180 °C for approx. 30 minutes.
The Linzer Torte keeps well for several days, it absorbs well and tastes juicy.