Chocolate croissants for breakfast or brunch
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 25 minutes
Homemade soft croissants with an aromatic chocolate core taste twice as delicious! Sweet chocolate croissants made from yeast dough are perfect for breakfast or brunch. The simple recipe with yeast dough is made very quickly from simple and only takes a few minutes and you have dreamy breakfast croissants on the table.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 1 packet of dried yeast
- 125 ml milk
- 250 g flour, + some milk for brushing
- 40 g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ lemon, untreated
- 40 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- chocolate, or Nutella
- pasting brush
- Heat the yeast in warm milk.
- Zest half a lemon.
- Mix the flour, sugar, 1 egg yolk and zest of the lemon.
- Add the dissolved yeast and butter and work into a smooth dough.
- Let the yeast dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough well and let it rest for another 30-40 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a circle and cut into several pieces of cake.
- Fill the pieces of dough with chopped chocolate or Nutella and close Roll the croissants.
- Let the milk rolls rise on the baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolk with a little milk and brush the croissants with it.
- Bake the croissants for about 10 minutes at 200°C and enjoy for breakfast.