Chocolate cake with almonds and Giotto pralines
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
Chocolate cake with almonds tastes very tender and impresses with its chocolaty taste. The cake is quick to prepare and goes perfectly with coffee time.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 200 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 80 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 200 g ground almonds
- Giotto balls, to taste
- icing sugar, for dusting, to taste
- springform pan
- parchment paper
- hand mixer
- Line the springform pan with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and add to the butter.
- Let the chocolate melt completely, stirring all the time.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Egg yolks Whisk together with the sugar.
- Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Add the salt, flour and baking powder and stir in the almonds.
- Stir everything together to form a smooth batter.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter.
- Stir the batter in fill the mold.
- Bake the cake in the 160 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Decorate the chocolate cake with halved Giotto balls or as you like, e.g. dust with icing sugar.
The cake tastes very moist, especially on the third day when it is well set.