Chocolate birthday cake with fondant and buttercream
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 160 minutes
The motto birthday cake makes the hearts of little girls beat faster. The motif cake as a unicorn is prepared with biscuit bases and sweet buttercream. Covered with Rollondant and with different toppings, the cake becomes an eye-catcher.
Please review recipe:
- 6 eggs
- 220g sugar
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 280g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250g butter
- 450g icing sugar
- caramel, to taste
- 1 Fondant cover, white
- Dark chocolate, liquid or black fondant
- 1 ice cream cone
- Sugar sprinkles, as desired
- Gold powder, as desired
- Mini marshmallows, optional
- Smartis, as desired
- Sour edible paper UFOs, optional
Prepare the sponge cake
- Beat the eggs with the vanilla sugar and sugar.
- Sieve the flour, mix with the baking powder and carefully fold in.
- Divide the sponge cake into two halves.
- Line the springform pan with baking paper.
- Fill one half of the sponge cake into the tin .
- Bake the sponge cake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Then bake the second dough.
- Beat the butter with the icing sugar until creamy, add the caramel and mix well.
- Cut the cooled sponge cake bases horizontally and spread with buttercream .
Decorate the cake
- Roll out the white fondant and cover the cake with it.
- Cut out 2 ears from the trimmings.
- Glaze an ice cream cone with icing sugar and sprinkle with sugar sprinkles.
- Glitter the ears with some gold powder and a few Attach toothpicks.
- Draw eyes from dark liquid chocolate directly onto the fondant.
- Ice cream cone with sugar sprinkles as a horn in the fondant pure corners.
- Decorate the birthday cake with stars, sugar sprinkles, golden powder, Smarties and small marshmallows.
- hand mixer
- baking dish
- fondant set
- cake divider
- kitchen spatula