Chinese-style steamed eggs with chili and chives
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 15 minutes
This dish comes from China and is very popular there. The ingredients are simple and the preparation is very quick and easy. The steamed eggs taste super creamy and delicious and are better known in Germany as a side dish. However, this dish can also be served for breakfast.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 2 eggs
- 240 ml water
- salt, to taste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- chives, to taste
- chili, to taste
- glass mold
- aluminium foil
- In a bowl, carefully beat the eggs, salt and water with a whisk.
- Put the egg mixture through a sieve.
- Pour into a glass or ceramic dish.
- Remove any air bubbles from the surface and cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bring the water to a boil in a steamer and place the dish in it.
- Steam the eggs under a lid over a medium heat for approx. 8-10 minutes.
- Take them out and let them cool down a bit.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce and add Garnish with chopped chives and hot peppers.
Milk or broth can be used instead of water for a more intense taste.