Chinese style pork belly with garlic and spicy soy sauce
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 135 minutes
It is cooked in a broth with cardamom, ginger and star anise. So it becomes incredibly aromatic and very tender. Then poured with soy-garlic sauce and served with cucumber – this snack is not only delicious, but also beautifully presented.
Please review recipe:
- 1200 ml water
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 star anise
- 2 cardamom
- 30 g chives
- 2 ginger, 2-3 cm long
- 900 g pork belly
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¹⁄₂ tsp rice vinegar
- ¹⁄₂ -1 tsp sesame oil
- 30 g garlic
- 1-2 cucumbers, small cucumbers
- Pour water into a saucepan.
- Add wine, salt, star anise, cardamom, chives, and ginger.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add pork to broth.
- Boil again and add meat Simmer for about 1 hour.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, oil and finely chopped garlic in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of stock from the stockpot and mix well Mix together.
- Leave the sauce to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the cooled pork belly into thin slices and arrange on a plate.
- Pour the sauce over and place thin slices of cucumber on top.
- Serve the pork belly as a snack or starter.
To check if the meat is done after 1 hour, pierce the meat with a wooden skewer. If it goes in easily, the pork is done.
- cutting board