Chicken soup with potatoes, parsnips, apple and white cabbage
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 100 minutes
Lemon juice, apple and aromatic herbs give this light chicken soup a pleasantly refreshing taste. It is prepared with lots of vegetables and gets an interesting flavor in connection with the apple. Everyone should definitely try this soup.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 300g chicken
- 1300ml water
- 1 parsnip
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 green apple
- 450g cabbage
- Salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 sprigs parsley
- 2-3 sprigs dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- black pepper, to taste
- Cooking pot
- Frying pan
- Cutting board
- Vegetable peeler
- Place the chicken in a saucepan and add the cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Remove the foam from the surface.
- Simmer the chicken stock over low heat for 40-50 minutes.
- The peel whole vegetables.
- Cut potatoes into julienne strips.
- Dice onion, carrot, parsnip, celery and peeled apple.
- Chop cabbage.
- Strain broth and season with salt.
- Chicken off the bone Loosen.
- Cut the meat into small pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the onion, carrot, celery and turnip for 8-10 minutes.
- Return the broth to the boil.
- Potatoes, Add the cabbage, roasted vegetables and apple.
- Add the bay leaves.
- Simmer the soup under a lid over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Finely chop the parsley and dill.
- Remove the bay leaves from the pot .
- chicken, herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper there Add and taste.
- Serve the hot chicken soup with the fresh bread.