Cherry jam with chocolate – fruit spread made from juicy cherries
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 42 minutes
This delicious cherry jam is fruity and perfectly refined with dark chocolate. The fruit spread made from cherries is delicious on breakfast bread, but it is also very good as a dessert sauce on ice cream.
Please review recipe:
- 500 g cherries, stone removed
- 250 g preserving sugar, 2:1
- 30 g chocolate, dark
- Wash and stone the cherries.
- Put the cherries in a saucepan and sprinkle with preserving sugar.
- Stir well and bring to the boil, simmer the cherries over low heat for about 12 minutes.
- 2 minutes before the end of the For the cooking time, put the chocolate in pieces and stir until it has melted.
- Pour the hot cherry jam into clean jam jars and close tightly.
Store the jam in a cool, dark place. A dash of kirsch is a great way to round off the cherry jam.
- Cherry pitter
- Mixing spoon
- Jam jars