Chak Chak honey cake made from pasta with sesame seeds
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 83 minutes
Chak Chak is a delicious oriental dessert made from dough and infused with honey syrup. The dessert is refined with nuts and sesame or poppy seeds. After cooling, chak chak can be cut into pieces and served with tea.
Please review recipe:
- 500 g wheat flour
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 0.5 glass sugar
- 1 tbsp vodka, or cognac
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 kg clarified butter, for frying
Syrup and nut mixture
- 500 g honey
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup poppy seeds, or sesame seeds
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
Prepare the dough
- Separate the eggs, grate the yolks with the sugar until the mixture turns white.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the yolks with the egg whites, add milk, vodka or cognac, mix well. Mix the salt with flour, add to the
- egg milk mixture, work into a firm dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp tea towel and leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut into thin noodles.
- Heat the clarified butter and fry the noodles in it until golden brown.
- Drain the fat and let the noodles cool.
Prepare the syrup
- Heat the honey in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Skim off the foam and let the syrup boil for a few minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Soak the poppy or sesame seeds with the boiling water for 3 minutes, then crush in a mortar.
- Mix with crushed nuts and mix in a Cover bowl.
- Put the fried noodles in the still hot syrup, mix and add the poppy seed-nut mixture.
- Put the finished chak chak in a greased deep plate and press together with wet hands and form a mound.
- Chak Chak Let cool and cut into large pieces.
- hand mixer
- soap plate