Cauliflower casserole with chicken breast and mushrooms
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
Cauliflower casserole with chicken breast and mushrooms is very tasty. Hearty, with a lot of cheese, this dish is not difficult to prepare, while the result is really impressive. Vegetables are briefly prepared beforehand, meat and mushrooms are lightly fried in a pan. Then briefly prepare the sauce, put it in a casserole dish together with the remaining ingredients and cook in the oven for almost half an hour. Tender, filling and tasty, it is a great dish for both an ordinary meal and a celebratory table.
Please review recipe:
Ø 4.5 out of 5 stars ( 17 votes )
- 350-400g cauliflower
- salt, to taste
- 350-400g mushrooms
- 350-400g chicken breast
- 3 tbsp butter, + some for greasing
- 4 tbsp flour
- 400ml milk
- 150 g cheese
- peppers, to taste
- Cooking pot
- Frying pan
- Casserole dish
- Tin foil
- Place the cauliflower florets in a saucepan, blanch in lightly salted water for about 2-3 minutes
- Drain in a colander.
- Chop the mushrooms and chicken into small pieces.
- Lightly fry in one skillet.
- Butter in another Heat skillet over low heat.
- Add sifted flour, stir well.
- Pour in milk, simmer while stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese into pan, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- A casserole dish with butter Spread.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms and cauliflower.
- Pour the sauce over it.
- Cover the top of the casserole dish with the aluminum foil.
- Bake the casserole for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove the aluminum foil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Take cauliflower casserole out of the oven and serve immediately.
Cooked chicken breast can also be used instead of searing the meat.