Candied oranges with chocolate, sugar and vanilla
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 140 minutes
Candied Orange is the combination of fruity and sweet. The candied oranges with chocolate are natural orange candies! Not only do they taste good with tea, you can use them wonderfully for cake decorations or desserts.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 2 oranges
- 250 g sugar
- 170 ml water
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 50 g chocolate
- baking paper
- Wash the oranges and cut into 5 mm thick slices.
- Put the orange slices in a saucepan with water and boil for 5 minutes to dissolve the bitter substances.
- For the syrup: dissolve the sugar in the water, do not boil.
- Put the soaked oranges on a towel, dry them and put them back into the saucepan.
- Pour in the syrup and cook the oranges over a medium heat for about 1.5 hours.
- The skin will become slightly transparent.
- Oranges on a with Place a baking sheet covered with baking paper and place in the oven at 100 degrees for 30 minutes.
- This will give them a nice caramel-transparent appearance.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath.
- Take the oranges out of the oven and let them cool, covered.
- The Dip the orange slices halfway into the chocolate and place on baking paper to dry.
- Place the candied oranges in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
Candied oranges, lemons or limes are great for decorating cakes and desserts!