Canapés with smoked salmon, avocado and pancakes – great finger food variant
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
This finger food variant is a visual eye-catcher and very suitable for greeting guests. But they certainly also taste good when there is something “small” for in between or are guaranteed to fit into any breakfast buffet. The preparation of the mini pancakes is quite simple. Then these are only stacked in small towers with cream cheese, salmon or avocado and fixed with a party skewer!
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 180 g flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 200 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp vegetable oil
- 100 g smoked salmon
- ½ avocado
- 100 g cream cheese
- hand mixer
- plastic bag
- frying pan
- cutting board
- party skewers
- Put the flour, baking powder, milk, egg, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Whisk everything together with a hand mixer and make a smooth batter.
- Then let the batter rise at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes
- Then stir the dough well and transfer to a plastic bag.
- Grease a frying pan with vegetable oil and heat.
- Cut off a corner of the bag of dough so you can easily squeeze the dough out through the opening.
- Den Squeeze the dough out of the bag and into the hot pan so that small pancakes with a diameter of approx. 2 cm are formed.
- Fry the mini pancakes for approx. 20-30 seconds on each side until golden and allow to cool.
- Cut the salmon into small pieces.
- Cut the avocado into small pieces as well.
- Prepare the canapés in the following order: mini pancake, cream cheese, smoked salmon or avocado, mini pancake and then secure with a party skewer.
- In this way the prepare remaining canapés.