Caesar salad with chicken, eggs, parmesan and avocado dressing
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 48 minutes
This salad adds boiled eggs and avocado to the classic ingredients. The real highlight of the consists of the delicious avocado dressing with parmesan.
Please review recipe:
- 3-5 slices of baguette, or bread
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 2 eggs
- Garlic, dried, chopped, to taste
- ½ avocado
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g lettuce
- 50-70 g parmesan
- ½ avocado
- 25 g parmesan
- 2 tsp garlic cloves
- ½ lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 80ml olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Prepare the salad
- Cut the bread into small pieces.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Put the pieces of bread in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes to make croutons bake.
- Have the chicken breast in half lengthways and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the chicken for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Then remove and let cool and cut into chunks.
- Boil eggs for 5 to 10 minutes so they are either hard boiled or poached.
- Then allow to cool slightly, peel and cut in half.
- Cut half an avocado into small to medium sized pieces.
- Have cherry tomatoes in half.
- Roughly chop the lettuce leaves.
Prepare the dressing
- In a stand mixer, combine the second half of the avocado, grated parmesan, garlic, lemon juice,
- wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the salad in half of the dressing.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, avocado, croutons and eggs.
- Pour over the remaining dressing.
- Sprinkle the Caesar salad with grated parmesan and serve immediately.
- cutting board
- baking sheet
- frying pan
- stand mixer