Butter cookies pastry with chocolate and vanilla sugar
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
Still looking for Christmas gifts? These heart biscuits made from fine shortcrust pastry are a loving gift idea for Christmas. The butter cookies are super quick and easy to prepare and decorated with chocolate for heartfelt moments.
Please review recipe:
- 300 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 200 g butter, cold
- 200 g dark chocolate coating, for garnishing
- Sugar stick, red, for garnishing
- hand mixer with dough hook
- rolling pin
- cookie cutters
- baking paper
- bain-marie bowl
Prepare the dough
- Knead the dough ingredients into a smooth dough.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for approx. 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for circulating air.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- The dough Roll out on a floured work surface.
- Cut out hearts with heart cutters and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down and decorate as you like.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Melt over a hot water bath.
- Dunk half of the heart biscuits into the chocolate.
- Place the butter biscuits on baking paper to dry and decorate with sugar sticks as you like.