Butter cake with almonds and cream from the tin
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 120 minutes
Classic butter cake made from yeast dough is fantastically fluffy and sprinkled with delicious flaked almonds to melt away! The cake is simple but always delicious! The yeast dough is fluffy and light and tastes heavenly with sugar and almonds on top.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 100 g milk
- 3 eggs
- 50 g sugar
- 20 g vanilla sugar
- 1 cube yeast
- 550 g flour
- 200 g butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g butter, softened, in pieces
- 50 g cream
- 70 g almonds, shaved
- 40 g sugar
- kitchen scales
- food processor
- baking tray
- baking paper
Prepare the dough
- Dissolve the warm milk with the yeast.
- Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar and mix together.
- Add the flour, butter and salt and knead everything together.
- Let the dough rise, covered, in a warm place for approx. 45 minutes.
- Press the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let it rise for 20 minutes.
- Press indentations in the dough with your fingers.
For the topping
- Heat the butter and cream, spread over the dough, sprinkle with flaked almonds and sugar .
- Bake the butter cake for 20 minutes at 180°C until golden.
The butter cake is particularly juicy if you pour liquid cream over it while it is still hot! The sugar cake freezes well! You can spice up the butter cake with apples or currants!