Butter biscuits with cinnamon, ginger and white chocolate icing
Portions: 5 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
The butter biscuits get a very special touch from the ginger. The cinnamon and clove aromas go wonderfully with the Advent and Christmas season. They are quick and easy to bake and super delicious with white chocolate icing.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 380-400 g flour
- 1 tbsp ginger, ground
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¹⁄₄ tsp nutmeg, ground
- ¹⁄₄ tsp cloves, ground
- 3⁄₄ tsp baking powder
- ¹⁄₄ tsp Baking soda
- ¹⁄2 tsp salt
- 150g brown sugar
- 140g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1¹⁄₂ tsp vanilla extract
- 170g honey
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 100-250g white chocolate
- hand mixer
- mixing bowl
- cookie cutter
- kitchen brush
- rolling pin
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, use a stand mixer to mix together the softened butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and egg yolks.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon milk and honey on low speed .
- Replace the whisk with a dough hook.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Work the whole thing into a smooth dough.
- If the dough is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of milk and work it in well.
- Divide the finished dough in half.
- Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface.
- Cut out cookies as you like and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in an oven preheated to 180°C.
- After the baking time, let the cookies cool down.
- Chop the chocolate roughly and place in a metal bowl.
- Water in one Heat the pot to approx. 40°.
- Place the bowl with the chocolate in the water bath.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Either cover the biscuits completely with the chocolate icing or decorate them with different patterns.
- The Enjoy butter biscuits with coffee or tea.